Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sunshine

I'm in a dream

In a dream I'm on a beach, lying there in the sand
It's soft, so fine and gentle on my skin
Every grain and every inch in unison, wrapping and covering

In a dream the breeze off the nearby waves
wafts, delicately displacing single strands of hair
and they fall across my forehead and in between my eyelashes

In a dream the perfection of the sun beating
on top of my skin, the sand, the hair, eyelids,
overtakes all other sensation and I am overcome with warm bliss

I'm waking

In waking, the sand comes together part by part,
each individual piece harmonizing into
thread counts and rumpled comforters that enclose and keep

In waking, the salt scent drifts into shallow breaths
the rhythm of lapping water on shores
is being born from lungs instead of depths and blue

In waking, the sun gracing me
remains consistently, there is no change in waking
the tingling and joy, the taste of happiness on my lips stays

I open my eyes.


I kiss you good morning.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home