Monday, January 26, 2009

Let Me Count The Ways

How do I love thee?
I have realized, I don't know how.

I should think that I love you,
Like the love shared
Between water and electricity.

Tell myself to adore you,
And I do as does
Joy to pain.

I try to need you
I need you,
As fire needs water.

And the inevitable.
I dream of you,
As the scared child dreams of dark shadows.

How on Earth could I ever live
Knowing that you would not be there
For me,

To help push me back down
After a painful and endless
Struggle to the top?

For a smack in the face
And a cruel laugh
To lift my spirits?

How do you suppose that I should ever go on
If I couldn't see the indifference and shamelessness
In your dancing, shining eyes?

So how do I love thee?
The answer is this:
I never, never could.

Author's Notes:
Ever have one idea, then it spurs off, and you start writing, but then it starts taking a whole different direction and you end up getting rid of what you had in the first place and it truns out that what you now have is better than what you were orignally thinking? Yeah, that's kinda what happened here. ^-^ Spur of the moment thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

Now you guys can comment!! w00t w00t!

January 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger rose dawson said...

yay, I have been saving this one.I love the poem and the contrast of the beginning and ending. it's like some girl who thought she needed a guy but she has an epiphany and it tourns out she doesn't.

January 28, 2009 at 2:56 PM  
Blogger Nelly said...

I really quite enjoy this poem. I like the dichotomy you pose between water and electricity.

February 2, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger ChimeraConception said...

whoa......that was totally AWESOME!!!!

ps....spur of the moment things...ALWAYS cool, sometimes the best

February 3, 2009 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger ChimeraConception said...

pps...LOVE the picture

February 3, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home